VISION & MISSION
At Brocklehurst Gemstone, our vision is to be a Care Facility of Choice meaning that people will enthusiastically refer their family member, friend or colleague to be a part of our community. We are dedicated to quality, safety & accountability and our mission is to provide exceptional care & services.
We seek to fulfill our Vision and Mission by:
- Fostering a safe respectful home-like environment that places the resident at the centre of our focus. We seek to enhance dignity and promote companionship;
- Promoting teamwork between our residents, their family, staff members, volunteers and the community at large. We employ a multi-disciplinary approach to planning & developing programs that actively involves the resident and/or family;
- Attaining & maintaining health and independence by assisting residents with care and daily living. We offer choice, respect privacy and personal decisions and accommodate the right to take risks – as long as those risks do not place others in jeopardy. We create an atmosphere that honours the individual and their religious and cultural beliefs;
- Pursuing continuous improvement as part of our journey towards organizational excellence to build a culture of safety, respect and engagement. We encourage the implementation of best practices, provide opportunities for on-going education and participate in research;
- Contributing to the community by offering our facility’s resources to the community and sharing our knowledge for educational purposes. We strive to be a contributor and participant in the overall community and help our residents to do the same.