PRIVATE PAY SERVICES
Gemstone offers five private pay residential care beds in addition to the 125 publicly subsidized spaces. Private pay residential care is paid for directly by the resident and is not funded by Interior Health or the province. Therefore, an assessment by Interior Health staff is not necessary for admission to Gemstone.
At Gemstone, our Residential and Short-term private pay care services provide around-the-clock nursing in a homelike setting by some of the best trained registered and licensed practical nurses in the industry. Like all of our service team, we pledge to treat every resident with the utmost respect and dignity and strive to help them function at the highest level possible.
Private Pay suites are available. Call now for more information.
COST OF PRIVATE PAY SERVICES
At Gemstone we are dedicated to providing customized services to meet the individual needs of our residents. You can rest assured that you or your loved one will receive the highest level of care and services that you require...and you have the option of remaining at Gemstone as your condition changes. Our trained staff are available 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week to provide a full range of care and services. The daily rate is based on individual needs and can range from $180-$200 per day depending on service requirements. For more specific information about your own rate, you will need to contact Gemstone and speak with the General Manager about your needs.
Your daily rate includes:
- Private, furnished bedrooms
- Laundry and cleaning services
- Bed linen and towels
- Personal telephone
- Cable T.V
- Range of recreational services, activities and events
- All home-cooked meals and refreshments
- Therapeutic & special diets
- Diabetic Management
- 24-hour care personalized care
- Individualized care plans
- Medication administration
- Continence management & care
- Restorative & rehabilitative care
- Post-hospital & post-surgical care
OPTIONAL SERVICES (NOT INCLUDED IN BASE FEES)
Certain services are not included in the daily rate but are available for separate purchase, if requested. We will assist in arranging appointments and/or making referrals as well as providing payment from your comfort fund, if authorized. These optional costs include:
- Personal choice hygiene and grooming products
- Medications not covered by PharmaCare’s Plan B
- Personal needs such as dry cleaning, labeling, clothing repairs or alterations, newspapers and magazines
- Hair dressing, haircuts, special outings, social events or special therapies
- Personal transportation
- Health equipment (such as special wheel-chairs and walkers) and health supplies (such as complex wound care dressings) not covered by extended health benefits or Veterans Affairs Canada
- Health services not covered by extended health benefits such as ambulance service, optometry, podiatry, massage therapy and basic dental care
- Personal insurance for lost or damaged personal items such as hearing aids, dentures, glasses
- Physician charges for completion of medical forms
The General Manager will give you the details, including any additional costs, of extra services available within Gemstone and information about your terms of stay. You should also refer to your Residency Agreement and Resident & Family Handbook for further information on included services versus optional charges, it is available upon request.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
The rights and welfare of our Residents is a key priority at our site. The Province of BC has mandated compliance with the Residents’ Bill of Rights and it must be prominently posted to demonstrate that requirement.
Click here to view the Ministry of Health - Residents' Bill of Rights to learn more about your rights while living in a Residential Care Facility.